Thursday, March 29, 2012

Fashion and Flim: Sabrina and Sabrina

One of my favorite movies of all times is Sabrina. I adore both the 1954 version starring Audrey Hepburn and the 1995 version starring Julia Ormond. Each has bits that I like better than the same bit in the other version and  I never can decide which one I like better so I just love them both. I had planned on doing a comparison type post but, alas, photos from the 1995 version are scarce so it's more of a hodge podge than anything else today.


Ah, cooking school in France! Juila works in Paris in the fashion industry, which makes her transformation a bit more logical but who would just absorb fashion and poise living in Paris!


 Post-Paris in a sharp 90s suit and hat!


Post-Paris in a great black suit and hat and puppy! I want Audrey's  hat so bad!


I love Audrey's boating outfit! She so great because she can rock a plaid button up shirt and shorts just as easily as the ballgown of your day dreams.

I'll take these earrings too!


One thing I dislike about the 1954 version is that it's in black and white and I so want to know what color all of the costumes are in! I was super excited to stumble upon the boating outfit in color!


Julia rocking another suit. And Harrison Ford-yummy! I love him so much more as Linus than Humphrey Bogart (especially after I learned that Bogart did not like Hepburn.).


And one can't talk about Sabrina without this dress! Divine! Casey of Elegant Musings made a blue and black version of this dress and it's gorgeous!


I never can decide if I like this hat or not. Oh, to see it in real life!


I love Julia's short, curly do!


Hepburn and Bogart backstage. I love candid shots. I made a version of this dress.

2 comments:

  1. OH how cute! i really like Audry Hepburn. i especially like the last picture and Casey's dress! Casey really is something isnt she? How i wish i could sew like her! Thanks for this cute post!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. I have to admit I have a crush on Harrison Ford too!

    ReplyDelete