Friday, December 26, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Hello all! I'm back for a break from unpacking! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas yesterday. Ours was a bit quiet since our movers didn't arrive until Christmas eve so we still had quite a bit of moving chaos to deal with today. But we did take some time to go to the Christmas potluck hosted by our condo association.


Our first couple of days in Florida were humid and in the 80s. Apparently, it was rather high for this time of the year! Thankfully for my poor husband who gets hot easily, it cooled down to the low 70s for Christmas.
 

It was still definitely warm enough to wear my 1950s Christmas dress! I wanted something comfortable and sort of casual but still nice since I wasn't sure what the dress code was going to be. It's really hard to wear vintage and be under dressed for anything since fashion has only gotten more and more casual over the decades.


Even though they didn't quite match, I wore my new Miss L Fire shoes. I've been wanting to get a pair for forever and when Lily of Mode de Lis had a pair for sale in my size, I snatched them up! Early Christmas present to myself I guess.


I'm also wearing another Christmas present-these molecule earrings from my hubby. They are theobromine which comes from the cacao seed. It's a mild stimulant and mood improver and is one of the reasons chocolate is so delicious! (Also, all of that sugar!)


So far, we are really loving our new condo. It's not my dream home or anything but it's perfect for us right now! And I'm finally getting my own sewing room! :D It's not unpacked yet since other rooms took priority. (I guess having a functional kitchen is pretty important and all...)






We're still getting used to Florida. With the sudden increase in humidity, my hair has decided not to behave so I'll have to wrangle it into submission but things are going well.


 I've actually been enjoying not being quite as active on social media. My life in 2014 can be summed up in one word-busy! One of my goals for 2015 is to take more time to relax. I want to hang on the patio and read my books. Growing up, I was never without a book to read and I've stopped having time to do that over the last few years.


I'm also planning on lots of trips to the beach too! How was your Christmas?

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your move! I can't imagine weather that warm!
    I love your shoes!! I sure wish they came in my size!!
    Lovely outfit as always!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you arrived safe and sound. The palm trees make lovely backdrops for you photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your move went smoothly, and I'm crazy about those earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on you move! I wish I was in Florida right now:) I'm preparing for my snow, ice, cold winter :P My husband loves the cold weather but I much prefer warmer climates. Though, you'll have to keep us posted about your summers. Your outfit is so pretty and I really love this blouse with the edge stitching. Did you make it yourself? What pattern did you use? Congratulations again on your move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a dress and I did make it myself. I did make it though. It's Butterick 8078. The original post on the dress is here: http://star-spangledheart.blogspot.com/2012/11/happy-thanksgiving.html

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your move! And my goodness, I completely understand about the heat during this time of year being strange! Also totally get you on wearing vintage and it being difficult to be under dressed! I am concerned over that often too! Sometimes when I feel under dressed or even somewhat casual, people will ask me why I'm dressed up! Yesh!

    As strange as it may sound, I am really looking forward to seeing how you deal with your hair and humidity! I hope you develop some great skills and tips and share them with us!

    Merry Christmas!
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theobromine earrings, how perfect :) And yay you got the shoes from Mode de Lis! Fab. Hope your Christmas season is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those earrings are so fun! Merry Christmas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same to you as well, darling gal!!! You're the picture of festive stylish and loveliness!

    Happy New Year's wishes!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete