Monday, December 1, 2014

I've got plenty to be thankful for

So, the 30s sewing has been going slowly. And it's been in a not very winter appropriate direction. So for Thanksgiving this year, I scoured my closet for some 30s appropriate pieces to throw together an outfit for my new favorite decade.


Tada! A long green skirt adds to the 30s feel even though it's technically a 50s piece. And basic blouses and cardigans can really go with any decade. 


I did a very basic fingerwave and pincurl set. It was the very first time I've ever done fingerwaves by hand and not by using a pincurl set. I was pretty happy with how it turned out even if it did take all day to dry.


Footwear is so key to a great outfit. It was so fun to finally get to wear these American Duchess 23Skidoos with a period appropriate outfit.


I don't have a ton of festive holiday jewelry but a pretty pearl and rhinestone wreath was just the ticket for a bit of sparkle! I particularly love this piece because it belonged to my great grandmother.


These photos were taken at my in-law's church where my husband's side of the family had their celebration. They had this darling tree set up so I couldn't resist posing with it! One of the downsides of moving right before Christmas is not getting to decorate this year.


Ah, well. I'll just have to enjoy everyone else's decorations this year!

5 comments:

  1. I love your outfit! Especially the green skirt (I have decided I need a lot more green in my wardrobe...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute outfit, I definitely need a green skirt in my wardrobe to go with all the festive outfits I have planned! And that Christmas tree is really rather splendid.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I absolutely adore your hair styled this way. It's immensely becoming and really suits you, dear gal.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling outfit! And I adore your shoes!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heirloom jewelry is the best! You are going to look great in your new favorite decade. I can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete