Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter break equals time to get sewing

Life has been pretty crazy the last couple of days. I didn't have class Thursday or Friday and I only have one class on Wednesday so I've pretty much had the last three days off of school. Wednesday was a takin' care of business type day. I got a lot of administrative type things done (blah) and got a good portion of my homework done. I always like to get my homework done when I'm in school mode so I can enjoy the rest of my break! But Thursday was all sewing all day!

The top of my peacock outfit is finished! I also conquered the skirt zipper and cut and started to assemble the skirt lining. It'll definitely be finished in time. Woot! I also decided on the spur of the moment to make a hat for Easter. I knew I wasn't going to have enough time to make a dress but I'd just gotten two hat patterns from Wearing History so I was like why not? Most of the patterns called for some sort of special thing I didn't have in my stash, but I found one that had definite possibility. It got finished today and it is awesome! I can't believe I made a hat!

Today has been full of a lot of technical drama with our internet. It's all fixed now though. Our wireless router pooped out and we had to buy a new one. :( That's why there's no exciting pictures today. (And I needed to start an English paper. Second to last one ever!)

On the bright side, I still have the whole weekend to enjoy plus another day off of school on Monday! There will be lots more sewing. Next up on the project list is another Smooth Sailing Blouse and a cherry print circle skirt.

1 comment:

  1. Yay to a long sewing weekend! Sounds like you were extremely productive on Thursday. I'm having a pretty productive day today so far, hoping to have something to show before too long...

    ReplyDelete