Saturday, April 23, 2011

I love a good antique store!

There is an antique store in a small town out near my church and I've been wanting to go for a while, but it's always closed on Sunday when I'm up at church. Today, my husband and I were out there getting some work done and I snatched the opportunity to hit the antique store after we were finished. They had tons of cute tea cups. I'd love to start collecting vintage tea cups but, alas, there is no place to store them in my tiny apartment.

So here is what I did take home with me!

A little over 2 yds of this lovely landscape print on a knit. I think it may be Venice because of the gondolas but it's cute none the less.

I also found this piece of the same type of material but with a Chinese print. It's a bit larger than the other piece. And they were only $4 each!

I also found this lovely vintage beaded collar! The tag says it was handmade in Japan. It was missing the hook part of the hook and eye and the pearly coating has come off of most of the outer row of beads, but adding a hook was easy and it still looks lovely. Someone loved this very much. And now I do! I thought it was worth the $5. It will be making its debut tomorrow along with my new hat! Can't wait to share that with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment