Saturday, July 18, 2015

Vacation Week 2015

If you've been following me on Instagram, you've seen my adventures this past week. My family was in town visiting and we did a bunch of fun touristy things! I decided to leave the fancy camera behind and just do some Insta-blogging so here are a few of my snaps.


First, we hit Kennedy Space Center for some fun space adventures! While NASA doesn't do manned missions anymore, they still shoot off lots of rockets for satellites and such and several private companies are working on launching manned ships from the Kennedy Space Center. 


 While something 1960s would have been more appropriate, I went for an easy 1940s look that would be good for a day of walking around in big crowds.


Aside from some really cool space stuff, I spied these adorable vintage orange labels tucked off in a corner. So yummy!


And of course, all of the nerdy things! Even though I'm not much of a t-shirt person, I couldn't help but to snap a shot of this cute one.


Next up was Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure. Being a Disney buff, I've never made time for Universal so I was excited to see if it was as good as everyone says.


 For this adventure, I wore my Mexican peasant blouse, 1950s pedal pushers and comfortable shoes. When you are going some place you've never been, it's always better to be a bit more conservative in your outfits. I went for pants because skirts and roller coasters don't really mix. The park ended up being smaller than I thought but I was happy that I wore sneakers.


The Wizarding World of Harry Potter was high on my list of must sees at Universal. It was really cool! They did a great job of really making it look like Hog's Mead but the fake snow was a bit annoying in mid summer.


All in all, it was a fun day but definitely nothing to compare with Disney. There were more roller coasters but also a lot of water rides and 3D rides neither of which are really my thing. Universal Studios original park has even more 3D rides (almost all!) so I couldn't image going there. I did like the Jurassic Park section but was bummed that it's ride was a water ride. :(


For dinner, we hit up the Hard Rock Cafe which was yummy!


After two days of big parks, we took a rest day at the beach. It was super calm and we were able to go in quite far and see pretty deep into the water. Thank goodness for sun screen and beach umbrellas because I ended up falling asleep and napping on the beach.


After a break day, we hit up Epcot and I took my video camera so look for a blog some time soon. After my Downtown Disney vlog, one of my readers suggested that I do a Disney Bound. So here it is! I had so much fun doing this. Several cast members and visitors noticed my Snow White Disney Bound. Someone even knew it was a Disney Bound. :) Can't wait to do this again!


One of my favorite things about Epcot is the food! We stopped in France for a snack and look at those yummies! My husband was recently diagnosed with an autoimmune disease that is triggered by gluten similar to Celiac Disease and the staff at Disney were AMAZING with helping find gluten free options for him. Yay for Disney!


 Another reason I love Epcot is all of the fabulous clothes from all the countries! I loved this ensemble from Morocco. We had dinner in Morocco and it was fabulous! I think I'm going to be learning how to make Middle Eastern food soon. I also did some shopping in Mexico. I know I just started the Project 333 but I'm feeling really inspired right now and it might not end well....

All in all, it was a great week with my family. I'm so sad they are gone already but we had a blast. Back to normal life next week.

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you all had an amazing time! I love you Disney Bound look!!! The Wizarding World is high on my list of must go places too so it is nice to hear that it will not disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun adventures! That's so cool about the Disney Bound. If I ever make it to one of the Disney parks, I plan to do one (or more) myself, too.

    Have a fabulous weekend,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! Florida is such a great vacation spot, as cliche as that is. I have get to go to the Space Center but considering the fact that my husband and I are space fanatics I'm sure it'll happen someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. LOVE the Disney Bound. Couldn't have been more perfect for your style than Snow White!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore your Disney bound Snow,White super, super, cute! :D Yes, when you know there will be a lot of walking comfort is the most important thing, another great comfortable outfit.

    ReplyDelete