Monday, October 15, 2012

A Cape and a Kilt

It's hard to tell if the weather at the end of October is going to cooperate or not but it did this past weekend so I could wear my latest costume!


It's little red riding hood.


Me-made cape and skirt from peasant dress
thrifted blouse
leather corset Brown Cow Art


The cape was made from red stretch velveteen and black taffeta. Not my first choice for a fabric combo but it was stash busting and I made it work.


All in all, it was a quick cheap costume to go with my new corset!


My husband was super excited to wear his new kilt.


And I was excited that he decided to buy all of the pieces for this outfit! I was not looking forward to all of that pleating.

4 comments:

  1. You both look absolutely fantastic! I especially love the the rich, warm red of your beautiful skirt.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, there's a Little Red Riding Hood no wolf would mess with. The corset makes you look like you really kick ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that LRRH outfit!! The red looks so good with the dark corset and your hair. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! I love it! I can't believe you were there this past weekend. So were Eric and I. Unfortunately, we didn't dress up.

    ReplyDelete