Monday, October 15, 2012

A Cape and a Kilt

It's hard to tell if the weather at the end of October is going to cooperate or not but it did this past weekend so I could wear my latest costume!


It's little red riding hood.


Me-made cape and skirt from peasant dress
thrifted blouse
leather corset Brown Cow Art


The cape was made from red stretch velveteen and black taffeta. Not my first choice for a fabric combo but it was stash busting and I made it work.


All in all, it was a quick cheap costume to go with my new corset!


My husband was super excited to wear his new kilt.


And I was excited that he decided to buy all of the pieces for this outfit! I was not looking forward to all of that pleating.

3 comments:

  1. You both look absolutely fantastic! I especially love the the rich, warm red of your beautiful skirt.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that LRRH outfit!! The red looks so good with the dark corset and your hair. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! I love it! I can't believe you were there this past weekend. So were Eric and I. Unfortunately, we didn't dress up.

    ReplyDelete