Monday, December 10, 2012

Going Local

I love supporting small businesses! I know the owners really appreciate my business and the quality and customer service are usually miles ahead of what you find in chain stores. So Saturday, I took a break from dreaded final exam studying and the hubby and I went to the 2nd Street Market for lunch and some grocery shopping.


Since I was just going to be lounging around the house studying all day, I didn't bother putting on any makeup so please forgive me!


I wore a cute vintage 50s dress with a modern white cardigan over it since it was a bit chilly. I'm on the look out for cropped cardigans because they are so much more flattering with vintage dresses than modern length cardigans.


We both gobbled up meat pies from a New Zealand shop called Cheeky Meats. They were delicious!


We also picked up some locally made cheese-goat, feta and pumpkin quark- and a few other goodies. Nom, nom, nom!


Do you frequent a local market? I love it and wish we could go more often!

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried Casey's cardigan refashion tutorial? http://blog.caseybrowndesigns.com/2009/12/how-to-refashion-a-cardigan/
    I haven't yet, but am planning on doing quite a few of my modern cardigans that way. Especally since I am short waisted and even vintage cropped cardigans fit a little long on me.(Well, if the one I have is any indication that is)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who finds (most) modern cardigans to be too long to wear with many 40s and 50s looks (especially if you're on the petite side like am). Sometimes a belt (atop both cardi and dress) can help, as can tying the front (Daisy Duke shirt style), but the best route often is trying to track down cropped cardis and shrugs (love shrugs!) like you said.

    You look so cute here and that cardi is certainly miles better than plenty of modern ones (no handkerchief hems, huzzah!), fear not. :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try looking for bolero's. And I know this may sound weird, but children's cardi's. Cardigans usually have so much room, you might try and see if it works.

    ReplyDelete