Saturday, May 24, 2014

Feeling Crabby

I posted some in progress shots of this cute playsuit that I made to wear on vacation in Florida.


Crabs galore!!! I used two Wearing History Patterns and a blouse I already had in my closet to whip this up.


The skirt is from the Wearing History Sailor Playsuit Pattern. I've made a buttonless version before and it's really the most flattering 40s skirt I've ever made!


The bolero is from the Wearing History Chic Ahoy Pattern. I did change up how the edge was finished and bound it in self bias binding.


It was a really fun to wear out and about in Florida!


For this outfit, I just had to have some shots down by the water!


I love being by the water! One day, I'd love to own a boat but I really don't need another expensive hobby. (And I live in Ohio....)


And here's me making my Arrrr pirate face. :)

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, how cute is that fabric? Perfect for a trip to Florida. Where was this picture taken? It reminds me of St. Petersburg.

    We lived in Florida for four years before we moved to Ohio and the saying there is that it's better to have a friend with a boat, than to own one yourself and it's so true. They are pretty expensive things to keep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fab did that turn out!? Awesome! And loving the pixie cut, too!
    Cheers,
    L A
    .TheRavishingBlog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! What a great skirt. How fun is the print?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a perfect playsuit, I adore the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its darling!! I love the print so much. I think winter is the best time to do playsuits because it gives you something summery to look at while its cold outside. Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a print! That is just too adorable!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable outfit -- and you fit right in culturally with Historic St. Augustine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. EEEEEEPPP SUPER CUTE! I am envious of your outfit - what an adorable set you've got there!!

    ReplyDelete