Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Who doesn't love to shop?

Today I visited a local vintage store (The Look on Brown St). It was very fun! I'd visited there once before, but it was early in my vintage stage and I didn't really know what to look for. I had been wanting to go back and since I go back to school tomorrow, today was the perfect day.

I didn't take any pictures in the store but here are a couple of the things I found that were just not meant for me:

1. A fabulous red velvet dress perfect for making a statement at any party but teeny tiny.

2. An adorable summer dress with sport print featuring hockey sticks, shuffle boards, and a variety of balls but (again) too small and the fabric had uneven yellowing.

3. A brown dress with black diamonds that had a peter pan collar and a brown velvet bow that fit everywhere but the bust. :(

4. A simple blue shirt waist dress with a matching belt that I'd seen in the store window but too small.

5. A pale blue dress made in Hong Kong with an embroidered Chinese letter over the heart but it was missing a button. The rest were made of matching fabric much like buttons from Asian style dresses that were so popular. I didn't think I could make it work...

I did find two lovelies to take home with me, one of which I'll share with you today.


Top: New York and Company
Skirt: ?? I've had this forever.
Necklace: Banana Republic
Shoes: Payless
Hat: vintage

I love hats! I found this cute green one and just had to take it home with me. I don't have any vintage pieces that will match it but I think it'll look good with modern clothes too. (Or I'll just have to go on the hunt for a matching dress!) I do think I'll need a hat pin of some kind. I used bobby pins today. Maybe the U shaped ones would work better, but I only had the grippy kind.

What would you were this type of hat with? Do you love a fabulous vintage hat?

No comments:

Post a Comment