Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Newbie and the Knitter Knit Along: Finished!

 Here is my finished Cadence sweater!


Tada!


And the back.


The lace came out really nice too.

I learned a lot knitting this sweater and it came out really nice! I love the color too. It's pretty baggy on me but still wearable. I know the pattern is meant to be loose but there's a bit much ease for me. Reblocking helped but it streatched out again after just a few wears. If I knitted this pattern again, I'd probably knit the ribbing on the collar on smaller needles to make it tighter. I'd also knit the back a size smaller. I've read that that's kind of how you do a knitting FBA and the back is pretty baggy.

Ok, so now on to the good bits of the sweater. I learned how to knit with circular needles, read a lace chart, use double pointed needles, modify a knitting pattern, blocking, starting a new skein of yarn mid-project, and finishing techniques. The body of the sweater is very even and pretty. I didn't have to rip out hardly any of the sweater and it didn't become a UFO. Yay!

Hopefully there will be more lovely knits in my future!

10 comments:

  1. Ooh it's lovely - well done! Love the colour. I'm impressed that this is beginner's level - it sounds very advanced to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! It's gorgeous! It looks so intricate and delicate. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! You might even take everything but the sleeves down one size and still have it fit ok... Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Stephanie, you look utterly fabulous!! The colour is amazing on you and I do really love how the sweater fits. I like the slightly relaxed feel - just perfect! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, so pretty! It's such a wonderful pattern and the color is lovely! The stitches look very even, too. Congrats on such a big knitting project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh WOW! This is AMAZING! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really nice. I've just begun knitting myself, two pieces so far, and I love it! I have plans to knit from some vintage patterns and trying to figure out how to re-size them (considering I'm plus sized).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finishing! I'm done knitting mine, but it's still drying from the blocking. Mine ended up kind of baggy, too. To the point where I just made it longer so it was more of a loose tunic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! Congrats, it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMIGHOSH, I love it. The colour is super nice, and the fit looks great! Well done, I'm so glad you've done the KAL with us!

    ReplyDelete