Monday, April 1, 2013

Petals for Easter

I love any excuse to get extra dressed up! I didn't end up making anything special for Easter but I thought my pink velvet 50s suit would be perfect!


It's bold and sophisticated and not what you'd usually think for an Easter outfit. I like being a bit unpredictable.


Plus it was a bit chilly so I stayed warm!





The peplum is so fun! I think it looks a bit like tulip petals.


The shape it gives me is super sassy. Plus I wore my waist cincher for some extra curves.


Hope you all had a lovely Easter!

10 comments:

  1. I loved your blog! And I just loved this outfit! Its splendid! I'm already following you here!

    http://vintagecoolknitting.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would have fit in perfectly at my current church (first Southern Baptist Easter- more formal than the Brethren and EV Free Easters I grew up with)- with the hat as well, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went 50s this year, too! :) Grant you mine wasn't as sassy or original vintage, but cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that suit is stunning on you!!!! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The color, the cut, the material. I love everything about your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never wanted a vintage suit UNTIL THIS MOMENT!! Wowza! Your suit is amazing! I love your new blog layout, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous outfit. The colour, the cut and the fabric! Just lovely.xx Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so immensely pretty! I love the cut and colour of this timelessly elegant suit and think it makes for a perfect Easter ensemble (I wore a vibrant multi-coloured floral print vintage dress this Easter, so we were both breaking from the more traditional white or pastel look).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's an ADORABLE suit! It's so lush and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete