Friday, October 18, 2013

Another Day at the Faire

Unseasonably warm weather here in Ohio threw out my plans to wear my court dress this weekend, so lower class it was!


Love wearing this dress!


It's so comfortable to wear. and the linen is a great midweather fabric.


But it did get rather hot, so for much of the day, I wore the skirt tucked back into my belt.


It really helped cool me off and give better air flow. Plus I got to show off my petticoat.


 Faire Shopping!


I picked up this pretty necklace at the faire. It's so hard to find even vaguely period correct jewelry at the faire. I was looking for something gold tones with non-faceted stones. Success! Plus it matches my court dress.


I also picked up a copy of The Tudor Tailor! Can't wait to start making things from this book.

Huzzah for the faire!

1 comment:

  1. That book look really interesting! I've always been fascinated by historical costuming across the ages, and would love to read that book as well. I doubt my wee little local library will have it, but perhaps they could bring it in if I asked. It's worth a shot! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete