Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Shoes!

My new shoes came in today! Thank you UPS! :)

They are a pair of darling leather saddle shoes by Bass. I chose the hemp/cocoa color combo which is a nice tan and chocolate brown. Much less sock hop than the options with bright white! My second choice was a lovely vintage yellow and white but the more practical color combo won out.

And they have the most darling plaid inside! Eeep! And I got them for $16 shipped! Sale (on shoebuy.com) + groupon + groupon bucks + discount for opening a shoebuy.com account + free shipping= awesomeness! Normally $69!

They feel true to size to me and are a bit stiff but the reviews said that they'd loosen up nicely! I'm terribly excited. I've wanted saddle shoes for a while. They'll be great for school!

And speaking of shoes, the lovely American Duchess is giving away a pair of shoes she's designed called the Devonshires.

Here's what she has to say about them:

"The Devonshires are a leather 18th century shoe based on museum examples from the 1760s through 1780s. They're made of top-grade dyable leather, with a beautiful, smooth Italian leather sole for dancing, and are hard-wearing, water- and mud-proof, for even the toughest of outdoor re-enactments.

Pre-Order the Devonshires through August 10, and get the special $100 price. We're only making 200 of these shoes, so don't miss the chance to own one of only a couple hundred pair on the planet! Visit www.american-duchess.com to order."

So hop on over and pre-order yourself a pair!

And speaking of historical costuming, I finished my corset!

Yay! They are a bit of a bear to get on by myself and they are a but large in the upper back (should've done an FBA I think...) but other than that, I'm really happy with them. My busk came in too, but it's a bit long so I'm going to have one of my power tool literate friends shorten it for me.

And here's my dress pieces! (well some of them, there's still more to cut!) I decided to go with the lovely red side that you see. I'm just going to change up my sleeve material (which is only 2 yds) so crisis averted.

2 comments:

  1. Your dress looks like it's going to be lovely! Can't wait to see you start to put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those shoes. way better than the ones I wear.

    ReplyDelete