Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sorbetto and Sports

Today my husband and I went on a mini-golf date! It was so much fun! We don't usually do anything more exciting than dinner or a movie but I'm thinking we really need to now!

I wore this cute new shirt from Colette Pattern's free Sorbetto pattern.


Fabric: 1.5 yds of garment weight cotton ($4/yd)
Pattern: Colette Pattern's Sorbetto + sleeves from some random Simplicity blouse pattern
Year: contemporary
Notions: bias tape ($2), elastic (from stash), rick rack (from stash)
Time to complete: 2 hours
First worn: August 2011
Wear again? Yes! This was a really great pattern. (And my husband actually likes this print! Woot!) It wouldn't have taken nearly as long to finish if I had actually planned out what I was going to do and not sat around and thought about it while sewing. It is a bit boxy. Like the Pendrell, I made the waist to my bust measurement, but with this pattern I also added a bit of elastic to the back so the blousiness in the back looks intentional and not awkward.

Total cost: $8

(Wow! I haven't made a garment since July! Ren fest dress + secret project for church = time suckers!)

Outfit:
Top: me made
Skirt: Banana Republic
Hair flower: Belle Blossoms BOM for August
Belt: New York and Company

Classic awkward me pose. I always stand awkwardly and do weird things with my feet.

I love this hair flower! The color is a lovely pale orange and dark pink!

Putting!

A photo where I actually thought about my pose.

Tallying score! I lost.

4 comments: